Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Five Favorites: Fall Style Concepts

This week I'm pleased to be guest hosting Five Favorites!

For those of you who are new to my little corner of the web... Welcome! The About Me blurb over on the right pretty much covers the basics of what I've got going on here.

And also, Mama Knows is my sister-in-law, which is much (much) less Oedipal than it sounds.

My Five Favorite posts tend to be a bit theme-y, because I like a good theme. Today I want to talk about five style concepts that I'm really digging as the season starts to change. And by change I'm not referring to our recent foray into perdition like heat (I know, I know, hyperbole and all that, living in Buffalo has made me a heat sissy), but the as yet theoretical crisp days of fall.

Five Favorite Fall Style Concepts
tank // blue jeans // shoes // turtleneck // skinny jeans // birks // blouse // black jeans // loafers // hat // hat // hat
Blue on Blue on Navy: It's no secret that navy blue is everywhere right now. I love mixing it with other shades of blue for a monochromatic look that's a little more unexpected.

White and Black: Again, black and white = everywhere. And this is one of those combinations that never really goes away, it just takes on different permutations. During the summer months, the ratio was weighted on the side of the white. Now I'm feeling heavy on the black with just a shot of white.

And following from the previous favorite - Black Jeans. I love black skinny and straight jeans. For some reason, I've never really been able to jump on the legging train. Yet, I do like to have a slim fitting and flattering bottom option beyond regular blue jeans. And black denim can be really pulled together, edgy, or casual, depending on how it is styled.

Chunky Knits: What says fall like chunky knits? Who doesn't like to be wrapped in the warm embrace of something soft and non constricting? To balance out the big, I prefer a slimmer silhouette on the bottom. Since I'm not much for leggings, I usually go for a pair of skinnies.

Hats: So I haven't been much of a hat girl in the past, except for those winter days when they are absolutely essential, and then only a hardcore stocking cap (aka tuque). But last fall I saw Anna rocking this look, and it got me thinking. I really want to get my hands on a ball cap in black and grey, maybe something with wool and a little [most likely faux] leather.




3 comments:

  1. are those jeans for real only $5.90!? have you ever purchased from that site before mary?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nicole! No, I haven't, but whenever I use Polyvore to put together collages I find that I really like their styles. I just might have to try it one of these days.

      Delete
  2. Totally love the blue on blue, too! Especially with some long dangly necklace. :)
    xox, giedre
    ps. Visiting your blog for the first time. :) Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. If you don't blog, you may not realize that comments to a blogger are like sunshine to the whole of the photosynthesizing world. What I'm saying is, each comment means a lot! P.S. If you have an email connected to your profile, I'll most likely respond there.